In this file photo from May 12, 2022, Kingston City Hall is seen from Broadway with a commercial building with upstairs apartments. (Tania Barricklo/Daily Freeman)
Kingston, NY – The deadline for submitting applications for Kingston’s Small Business Grants Program has been extended to Friday, March 24, according to Mayor Steve Noble.
City will use $1 million of its $17.3 million U.S. Relief Plan Act funding to support local commercial businesses within city limits to address the negative economic impact of the COVID-19 public health emergency assigned for
“Grants of up to $10,000 each will help businesses keep their doors open, protect local jobs threatened by the pandemic, support community recovery, and build resilience,” said Noble. office said in a press release.
“We have had a great response from local businesses, with about 30 applications so far,” Noble said in a statement. “With up to 100 local businesses he has the funds to award ARPA Small Business Grants, he wants to make sure that local business owners have enough time to submit their applications. ”
If businesses have questions about eligibility or the application process, the mayor said they should contact the city’s grant administration department.
“We don’t want qualified Kingston businesses to miss out on this opportunity for a mismatched cash injection. We will go door to door to talk to every applicant possible,” Noble said.
To be eligible for the award, companies must:
• Be a for-profit business located within the limits of the City of Kingston.
• 50 or fewer employees.
• Be registered to do business in New York State, unless the business is a sole proprietorship.
• A sole proprietorship is registered as a DBA (“business owner”) if it does business in a name other than the owner.
• Must be independently owned and operated and not be dominant in its field of operation.
• were operating in Kingston prior to 1 October 2021;
• not face any pending litigation or legal action;
• No business owners with all management members and/or officers convicted of financial crimes within the last three years.
• You have not received an alternative federal, state, or local grant to cover the same costs and/or uses included in your application.
• not be suspended or prohibited from using federal funds;
• Must not be a franchise unless the franchise is a subsidiary of a large company.
Applications close by 4:00 PM on Friday, March 24, 2023.
For more information, please visit engagekingston.com/small-business-grant-program.