Tempe, Arizona, May 25, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Small business owners recognize the enormous potential of generative artificial intelligence to help grow, and some businesses are beginning to use it, according to new GoDaddy (NYSE: GDDY) research. However, it became clear that many people were hesitant about how best to use it. , a company that helps entrepreneurs succeed.
Experience the full interactive multi-channel news release here: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/9134151-godaddy-ai-survey-study/
A late-April survey of 1,003 U.S. small businesses by GoDaddy revealed the need for guidance on how to make the most of rapidly evolving AI technologies. 38% have tried generative AI tools, 27% for fun, 11% for business support, and 62% for not yet. More than half (57%) of respondents want to learn how to use generative AI to improve their business.
Other highlights of the findings include:
- The majority of small businesses believe that generative AI has the potential to make it easier to perform certain tasks, allowing them to focus on managing their business.
- Among the challenges respondents face in managing their business are in acquiring new customers, growing revenue, maintaining work-life balance, marketing their business, and creating marketing content for social media, websites and online stores. I find spending time the hardest.
- Of those who have tried using generative AI for their business, 75% said the tools they used performed very well or very well, and only 4% said they performed poorly. .
- 64% of users using AI tools are experimenting with content generation for everything from marketing assistance to blog drafts. Nearly a third (29%) use his AI to improve customer service, such as helping draft responses to customers.
“Small business entrepreneurs quickly realized that generative AI was already well-equipped to help with the most difficult tasks to tackle, either because they lacked the time or because they needed skills outside the wheelhouse. “I’m starting,” he said. Gulav Pani“And the better news is that AI tools are producing more effective results every day,” said GoDaddy US Independents chairman.
GoDaddy’s research also found a clear generational gap in familiarity with and use of generative AI.
- 63% of Gen Z (ages 18-24) respondents have used generative AI for business or personal purposes.
- People over 55 (baby boomers) were the least likely to have tried generative AI. 83% said they hadn’t tried it yet.
- Only 33% of people across all age groups are confident enough to explain generative AI to a friend.
“We are committed to our role in helping small business owners understand how to leverage today’s generative AI to save time and attract new customers,” said Pani. . “GoDaddy’s Small Business Generative AI Prompt Library now offers over 100 completely free, ready-made prompts that entrepreneurs can start using right away with tools like OpenAI’s ChatGPT and Google’s Bard. We continue to roll out new AI-powered features every week, and as technology continues to evolve, we are committed to supporting small businesses every step of the way.”
To review the survey results, please visit http://godaddy.com/ventureforward/spring-2023-generative-ai-survey-results/.
To access GoDaddy’s Small Business Generative AI Prompt Library, please visit www.smallbusinessprompts.com.
About Go Daddy
GoDaddy helps millions of entrepreneurs around the world start, grow and scale their businesses. People come to GoDaddy to name their ideas, build professional websites, engage customers, sell products and services, and accept payments online and in person. GoDaddy’s easy-to-use tools help the small business owner manage everything in her one place, and expert guides provide her 24/7 support. For more information about the company, please visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Source: GoDaddy Inc.
Source GoDaddy Inc.