A spectacular retreat just an hour from Austin, named one of Vrbo’s 2023 “Vacation Homes of the Year.” The only Texas home selected from hundreds of thousands of homes on vacation rental sites.
This Vacation Home of the Year showcases some of our favorite homes across the country (sometimes internationally), from “idyllic lakeside retreats to cozy mountain retreats to desert paradises.” (including hot spots). There are two in total in California, one each in Arizona, North Carolina, Oregon, New York, Florida, South Carolina, Idaho, Colorado, and Mexico.
Hill Country Riverfront Hideaway in Texas is tucked away on 5 acres adjacent to the Pedernales River in Dripping Springs. This home measures 2,150 square feet and features an open concept living area, three spacious bedrooms, two luxurious bathrooms, a modern chef’s kitchen, fireplace, and a breathtaking wraparound terrace. I have it.
Floor-to-ceiling windows complete the space, allowing guests to soak up the tranquility Hill Country has to offer. With 430 feet of river access from this home, visitors can escape the city and relax with views of the expansive canyon below.
Imagine a vacation to this Hill Country paradise. Photo credit: Vrbo
Many of the finest wineries, breweries and must-see outdoor recreation spots in nearby Dripping Springs are within a 30 minute drive. For those wanting more distance from downtown Austin, Fredericksburg is just an hour’s drive west.
With an average nightly rate of $475, Riverfront Oasis is ideal for small groups, families, and couples getaways.
Expedia Brands president Jon Gieselman said in a press release that there are a number of homes that caught the eye for the report.
“This year’s Vacation Homes of the Year range from urban oasis and cozy ranch homes for under $400 a night to beachfront mansions that accommodate the whole family,” said Giselmann. . “This year’s vacation, his home all boasts beautiful views and, in total, he boasts seven private pools and fire pits, eight hot tubs, and even five putting greens.”
Here’s the full list of Vrbo’s 2023 Vacation Homes of the Year:
- 1st Place – Oasis Estate, Palm Springs, California
- No. 2 – Happy Roadrunner in Phoenix, Arizona
- 3rd Place – Chasestone, Lake Norman, North Carolina
- No. 4 – A Modern Gem in Manzanita, Oregon
- No. 5 – Oceanview Oasis in Montauk, New York
- No. 6 – Riverfront Hideaway in Dripping Springs, Texas
- No. 7 – 30A Myway (Rosemary Beach, FL)
- No. 8 – Ports of Call at Palms Island, South Carolina
- No. 9 – Salmonfly Lodge in Victor, Idaho
- No. 10 – Trestle House in Winter Park, Colorado
- No. 11 – Villa Luna Nueva, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico